Peace Of Mind Through Estate Planning Services
Berge & Berge is a San Jose law firm with a focus on estate, probate and trust administration matters. Our attorneys are committed to providing you with the personalized, compassionate attention you deserve as you plan for your future.
Our firm’s managing partner, Jim Berge, has a master’s degree in tax law, is a California Certified Public Accountant and has over 25 years of experience assisting clients with estate planning services. Get the guidance you need to meet your financial goals, protect your assets and distribute your wealth as you so choose.
Attorney-Assisted Planning For Your Future
Though estate planning can be difficult to think about, the future inability to manage your personal and financial affairs on your own is inevitable. With firsthand knowledge of caring for aging parents and raising children, our compassionate lawyers will guide you through preparing for incapacity or death so that should something happen to you, your assets, family and long-term wishes will be protected.
As you prepare for the potential future needs of your family through estate planning matters, our attorneys can help you:
- Draft and update your will
- Create trusts which are appropriate to your needs
- Name a guardian for your minor children
- Choose a conservator to manage your estate
We will answer your estate planning questions and work with you to:
- Preserve as many of your assets as possible
- Fully avoid probate upon your disability or death
- Provide one comprehensive planning document for your care and the care of your loved ones
- Ensure continuity and privacy for your family following your disability or death
- Create a plan that can be easily changed, should you desire to do so, and easily moves with you from state to state
- Discuss and evaluate Medi-Cal planning if you are concerned about the costs of long term and skilled nursing care
Our estate planning lawyers will educate you about your options so you can make informed decisions. If you have children under 18, we will help you appoint guardians to care for them should the unthinkable happen to you and your spouse.
Whether you seek to avoid probate, bypass an expensive and time-consuming conservatorship process, or create a trust and/or a will, the skilled and financially knowledgeable attorneys at Berge & Berge can empathize with your needs. We will use our experience to draft and execute the necessary documentation to preserve and distribute your assets according to your desires.
Let Us Help You Protect Your Family And Your Assets
Serving San Jose and the surrounding areas, we can work with you to provide peace of mind in relation to your estate so that through planning, you and your loved ones can avoid the costly and time-intensive alternatives.
Contact our firm online or call (408)985-9918 to arrange a consultation today. We are conveniently located and have free outdoor parking right next to the building. Meeting the estate planning needs of clients in the south San Francisco Bay Area for over 25 years.